Please contact us first to inquire/place the order
Thank you for visiting! I will usually return emails with 24 hrs. Please email micheleFDZmusic@gmail.com to speak with me directly re; questions about any of the compositions and/or to place the order . If your email is not returned within 48 hrs, it was likely not received. In that case, please contact me via FB (search profile Michele Fernández in Miami, FL) or email the above address, but directly from your own email box (and not from this website).
Check spelling and try again (autocorrect misspells the name "Michele often" and uses two "L"s by mistake).
* Zoom rehearsal clinics are available to supplement any preparation of these works. The requested honorarium is $100. for a 55 min rehearsal. I definitely strive to make rehearsals informative, but fun, as well.
NOTE: WORKS BELOW ARE AVAIL RIGHT HERE FROM "MF MUSIC". *OTHER WORKS ON THIS SITE ARE AVAIL DIRECTLY FROM THE PUBLISHER HOUSES LISTED BESIDE EACH PIECE DESCRIPTION ON THOSE PAGES
WORKS AVAIL HERE FROM MICHELE FERNÁNDEZ MUSIC
*Music samples appear here again (scroll down this page)
Symphonic Band/ Wind Symphony Works
Jazz Ensemble Works
12. "Bloo Water Groovin' (*will be avail fall 2024 when JEN member download expires)
Other Ensemble Works:
"La Luz En Ti" (for string ens, and variable solo instrument) (Gr 3+) ............$55.00 USD (if via PDF) *Presented here as Fluge lsolo w/ strings. ** Big Band (Jazz) version avail Hal Leonard.
PAYMENT METHODS (for Sheet Music or Zoom Clinics)
(NOTE: the email to order pieces is different than the above personal inquiry email.)
We accept (in order of preference)
1) Personal PayPal to: PalPal.me/MicheleFDZmusic
2) Venmo: @MicheleFernandezMusic
3) Booster or School checks payable to: Michele Fernandez Music (please email Michele at her personal address micheleFDZmusic@gmail.com for the physical US mail address.
4) Purchase Orders: We will work with your school to deliver works to you before payment, but only with a purchase order signed by both (1) the Director AND (2) Booster President or School Site Principal. Payment terms 30 days.
DELIVERY (Select a method)
*PDF delivery is offered only in Continental US. Orders outside of US will be delivered via Paper copy (option#2 below and will incur the extra printing/postal cost).
1) PDF Delivery: We will deliver a file electronically (to Cont. US) , however, purchase excludes any rights to share the file. The work(s) cannot be, under any circumstances, loaned/fwded to any 3rd party (including partner institutions) for any reason whatsoever. *The file must also not forwarded to students to copy at home. *NOTE: Honoring of this agreement is part of the purchase contract. Thank you for assisting in the protection of composer works.
2) Paper Copies: If you prefer hard copies over PDF delivery: Printing/Shipping will incur an additional $20.00 charge to be added to the work's price. Parcels will be delivered via regular ground shipping as a *Single copy of score and each part* for the director to photocopy as needed for (*ONLY) their own group (*required honor contract with purchase).
Shipping to any country other than USA is most welcome, and appreciated, but will necessarily incur a higher shipping charge as per postal policies.
SYMPHONIC BAND: Authentic, Gr. 3+ Afro-Cuban work was written as an homage to the courage of immigrants throughout history, regardless of hemisphere. Traditional rhythm patterns simplified (still very authentic). All perc. parts completely notated. 4-5 Perc. *Avail here; See above payment options.
Truly burning. Authentic, Grade 4 (+) Rumba scored for full jazz ens. in two sections (med /fast tempo). Opt notes for lead tpt. Rumba drum set pattern throughout. Playable by one med adv. drummer (conga addition ideal). *Avail here; See above payment options.
SYMPHONIC BAND: This Grade 3- exciting work has an intense drive and is written with an exhilarating Middle Eastern spirit. Playable by 5 perc. *Avail here: See above payment options. (also coming soon: a String Orchestra version w/ concert percussion).
Upbeat Salsa w Nostalgic Flute (or Alto Sax) Written Intro. Gr 4. Orig version written 2019 for my daughter in gratitude for "lecturing" me, at age 6, to return to music after losing our son because, "music made you happy". "Iluminada" refers to her. *Avail here; See above payment options.
Authentic, upbeat Med Easy Brazilian Samba "2021 Editor's Choice" JW Pepper. Gr.3 Med Easy. Suggested solos written out. Rhythm section parts noted in detail. *Avail here; See above payment options.
Gr. 5 for Big Band adapted from my original Wind Symphony ("Symphonic Works" Link). This Jazz version written in memoriam for Zac and Kris Carrier (both in their dad's HS rhythm section). Premiered by UNT One O'Clock Lab Band, Alan Baylock, Director. *Avail here; See above payment options.
Seriously grooving, high-energy, sizzling Gr 3 funk chart 12 bar blues with Afro-Latin undertones. Open solos. Optional written bass intro. All rhythm parts notated in detail. To be premiered at the Midwest Clinic 2023. *Avail here: See above payment options.
This culturally diverse Gr 4. big band chart features authentic Brazilian, Afro-Cuban, Middle-Eastern, Funk grooves in seamless transition. All rhythm parts are written out. Suggested solos provided. Commissioned by Dr. John Seybert (director). *Avail here: See above payment options.
Authentic, Grade 1.5 Mambo for full (beginning) Jazz Ens. Written for a friend's band in Maine. Open solos. All rhythm parts notated in detail. Playable by as few as 3 horns in each section and 1 perc. *Concert parts included. *Avail here: See above payment options. *Coming soon: String Orch.
This exotic sounding Gr 2+/3 chart really sounds like something slithering into your mind and puts a face on slow-creeping negative self-talk that leaves us vulnerable to forces that can bring dissonance to our lives. Playable by 3 of each section. *Avail here: See above payment options.
A stirring Symphonic work (Gr. 3-) that honors the children of Ukraine. The images conjured in the piece depict the struggle and pay respect to the human cost. Not following "typical march form"; this work includes dramatic tempo contrasts. *Avail here: See above payment options.
A stand-alone version of "Celebration" Mvt. 2 from the original Wind Symphony and the subsequent Jazz Suite. Opt notes added for Lead trumpet (goes to written C6). All rhythm notated. Playable by one medium advanced drummer. Addt'l perc parts opt. *Avail here: See above payment options.
STRING ORCH AVERSION: Cuban-style ballad (Bolero) scored for Any Instr Solo/Strings/Rhythm. Inspired by that mysterious inner light we all carry within and which gives us resilience, enabling us to strengthen others. *Avail here; See above payment options. (Big Band version is avail Hal Leonard.)